It amazes me that so many ACCA students don't pay attention to the Examiners' Reports. After all, they are the people you need to impress on the big day!
These reports highlight the same old issues that come up time and time again. They summarise the mistakes students are making in the exams and give important and helpful advice on areas they should improve.
Make sure you don't ignore these! To help you out we've captured the key points here:
ACCA P6 Exam Tips
Feedback from previous exams:
- Failure to read the question carefully
- Unstructured answers
- Lack of knowledge of the tax rules within the syllabus
- Know the entire syllabus
- Manage your time
- Make a plan - don't jump straight into answering the question
- Pay close attention to the number of marks available for each question as it indicates how long you should spend on each part.
- Avoid long introductions
- Avoid general explanations
For full analysis of the most recent ACCA P6 Examiner's Report go to the following links: ACCA P6 Examiner's Report
The ACCA P7 tips will be here soon, so keep an eye out!